| Fundamentals of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, 3rd Edition |
Gift-wrapping is not available for this product.
- New To This Edition: Coverage of neurohumoral physiology is now included in the chapter on Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI).
- Ten new chapters are included on Issues in Integrative Medicine, Chiropractic, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition, Energy Healing, Biophysical Modalities + Devices, Qi Gong, Shiatsu, Tibetan Medicine, and Yoga.
- Chapters on Homeopathy and Mind-Body have been completely re-written by new contributors for a fresh perspective on these subjects.
- A new appendix of Native American Herbs provides updated information on this topic of interest.
- Reorganized progression of material breaks content into five sections instead of four, offering a more balanced presentation within each section.
Evidence-based approach focuses on treatments best supported by clinical trials and scientific evidence.
The book's broad perspective traces CIM therapies from their origins and development, up to the latest information on research and clinical trials.
Written by expert leaders in the field of complementary medicine, including contributions from several well-known authors such as Elliot Dacher, Joseph Pizzorno, Ted Kaptchuk, Hari Sharma, Daniel Redwood, and Caroline Hoffman.
Two-color format emphasizes special features and important material in diagrams, tables, boxes, and main headings.
Suggested readings at the end of all chapters guide readers to further research on chapter topics.
Perfect for students and practitioners in medical, health, and science fields, this acclaimed resource lays the groundwork for a solid understanding of complementary and integrative therapy. It provides insight into the historical context of alternative healing systems, as well as the most up-to-date scientific research and clinical applications for integrative medicine. Focusing on therapies best supported by clinical trials and evidence, it describes key concepts of the most prevalent complementary and alternative therapies in use today. This edition features many new chapters and a new appendix, with thorough updates and references throughout.
Dimensions: Length: 10.1IN Width: 8.38IN Height: 1.33IN
Shipping Weight: 4lb
This item will be shipped from the manufacturer and is not one we carry in stock. Please contact us for availability, as we cannot always guarantee order fulfillment.