Programmer / Software Engineer: C#/.NET, Visual Basic & Studio 2008, VBA, VB6 Application Developer for eCommerce
This position is for a local candidate in the Raleigh, Durham, RTP, Cary or surrounding area that is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing the company’s proprietary e-commerce order management software and related websites. The software is a complex system built on top of a SQL Server database (2003) with an Access front end data access client. It is tightly integrated with the companies various websites, accounting systems (MAS90 / Sage Software) and warehouse/shipping systems (UPS Worldship). It is written primarily in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) that uses Visual Studio 2008 & TeamCity Professional (jetbrains.com) & C# (new exporter which creates multiple product template files) that populates inventory templates that match item classification guides (ICGs) into Amazon Seller Central, WebStore by Amazon, Yahoo Small Business Merchant Store, Shop.com, Infopia, Channel Advisor, Buy.com, NewEgg.com, and other marketing terminals such as Google Base, Nextag, Shopping.com, Bizrate, and Pricegrabber.com. Some Visual C++ but also has some Visual Basic.Net helper applications and some HTML / RTML (Yahoo system), CSS with Perl/PHP processing scripts. Your task will be to continue enhancing the functionality of the current system, providing technical support and training to company employees, maintaining the company’s servers and workstations and writing documentation for the application.
- The ideal candidate would have advanced programming skills with VBA/Access, VB.NET, .NET Framework 3.5, Visual Studio 2008, VB6, C#, Visual C++ and some Perl experience preferred. Candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft SQL Server (2003) and able to build appropriate, optimized database integration, and write T-SQL queries, functions and stored procedures. Candidate is responsible for support and continued development of custom designed programs written for e-commerce centered systems for web application, web services and technologies that interact with database, API accounting application and end user. Candidate is also responsible for light duty as System/Network administrator as well as Database Administrator.
Medical industry for database extraction preferred with good typing skills & speed. Candidate should have the ability and desire to quickly learn new web based technologies and skills. Candidate may work in conjunction with other developers regarding documentation, coding, technical writing, design, features, and modification, and needs to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Required Skills
- VBA (Excel, Access), VB.NET, Visual Studio 2008, VB6
- HTML, RTML (Yahoo system), XHTML, ASP.NET, JSP, CSS, VB.NET
- SQL Server Programming & Database SQL (T-SQL Query Language)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, InfoPath, Publisher)
** all candidates must take pre-employment computer software simulation assessment (individual certification) that test their knowledge, skills and abilities. Take this test at BrainBench.com, ProveIt.com or Microsoft Learning. We can also test you at GeekInterview.com
Databases / Server:
- Windows 2003/2000 Server. Future Server 2008
- SQL2000/2005 Database Administration
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- VMware, TortoiseSVN, Crystal Reports, ODBC
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET (and classic ASP), XML, ODBC, ActiveX, COM+, DCOM
Requires 4-6 years of real world programming experience and a demonstrated competency in the required technologies with acquired brainbench.com certificate, Microsoft certification credentials and / or completed test scores. All your preexisting source code work must be reviewed
- Software Engineer (.net Developer) – develop database oriented application software, web based applications, client server based applications. Design interactive web pages with front-end screens using ASP.NET using C# & HTML technology. SQL Server 2003, 2005, & 2008 including creating the necessary stored procedures and triggers. IIS SharePoint Intranet and Server Knowledge.
- Identifying and managing subcontractors to manage web site content and large database uploads or data exports to other portals. Improving website appearance, usability, functionality and conversions.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new languages and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
[ Return to Employment Opportunities Home ]